Monday Oct 09, 2023
Monday Oct 09, 2023
Monday Oct 09, 2023
In this episode, Rob and Vinnie look at the 1st four Seals of Rev 6:1-9. This passage is commonly viewed as a series of events that begin in some future time and mark the beginning of the "end times." Instead, Rob and Vinnie note that the Seals relay the devastating effect that the nations bring upon the world when God allows them to remain in power. In addition, they note that the effects of the Seals are felt more deeply by the poor and the marginalized. The fact that most Christians were members of the lower class means that they too are impacted. In fact, a key element of John's presentation of the Seals is that the people of God are impacted by each of the first four Seals.
Please "follow" this podcast and give a review on iTunes, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Your review will go a long way toward helping others find this podcast.
Then share it with others so that we can get the word of the Gospel of the Kingdom to more people!
Also, our goal is to keep these episodes free of charge. I do not intend to ever hide them behind a paywall. I can only do this if those of you who have been blessed by them and can afford to give ($5, $10, $25, or more/month) do so. You can give a tax-deductible contribution by following this link.
Good news: the determinetruth App: If you wish to view these podcasts on your smartphone through the Determinetruth app simply download the “tithe.ly church” app on your smartphone. As it downloads you will be asked “what church you want to connect with”—insert “determinetruth” as the church name you wish to follow (and Mesa as the city if needed). Then you will be asked if you want the tithe.ly logo or the Determinetruth logo—choose the Determinetruth logo. Once it finishes installing, you will be good to go.
Once it is loaded, simply click on the “blog” icon and it will automatically load.
Finally, we just want to say thank you for listening in and supporting the work of determinetruth. If you have any questions that you would like us to address, we would love to hear them. Use the contact page on Determinetruth.com
If you have been blessed by these episodes, we want to encourage you to make sure you follow this podcast, share it with others, and post a review. By posting a review you make it easier for others to find the podcast on google searches.
If you would like to have Rob and/or Vinnie speak at your church or organization in person or via zoom, please let us know by filling out the contact info on the Contact me tab on this Rob’s determinetruth site.
If you have questions that you would like addressed in future episodes, you may submit them in the Contact me tab on this site.
Rob’s blogs related to the 7 Seals
First Seal: the rider on the white horse (6:1-2)
- Mark 13:5-6
- Matt 24:23-24
There are three basic views as to what this rider represents
- The first two views both contend that the rider on the white horse represents Christ.
- The difference between these first two views has to do with whether the rider on the first horse represents Christ at His first coming or if it is a depiction of Christ coming in the future.
- The third view suggests that the rider on the white horse represents false Christs and false prophets.
Second Seal: the rider on the red horse 6:3-4
- John uses the verb “to slay” eight times.
- Jesus as the Lamb that was “slain” (5:6, 9, 12; 13:8)
- People of God the Fifth Seal are those: “who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had” (6:9).
- 1x: Babylon as the place where one finds “the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth” (18:24)
- “to slay” in 13:3.
Third Seal: rider on the black horse 6:5-6
- The Third Seal depicts a world of inflation in which the poor are disproportionately affected
Fourth Seal: Rider on Pale Horse—Death 6:7-8